Thursday, February 21, 2008

Today was a pretty good day. My house has been cleaner lately due to my rockin efforts, so this morning I noticed that I didn't have a whole ton to do. My neighbor, Janet, came over for coffee like she does every Thursday and the kids were just not letting us converse. She whispered that we should take the kids to "Old McDonald's" so they could play and we could chit-chat. So off we were to mickey D's with ALL the elderly people in our town. While they were crammed cane to cane in the main dining area we happily chatted our asses off in the kiddie area.



We came back here so I could get Em ready for school. I was planning on spending my $25 Target gift card that was burning a hole in my pocket while Em was at school today. Janet decided to meet us there since she needed to pick up socks for her son, who was home sick from school. He's 6 and a sweetheart. So Janet and her son meet Natalie and myself at Target for a little shopping. I got me some new jeans and the girls some stupid stuffed noisy toy from the $1 section they have at the front. Janet's son wanted to ride in "Vanna" back to the house. Vanna White is my van.... I call her that because she's a van and because she's white.



Anywho... getting off topic. So since we're both headed in the same direction, we decide to make it a race. I SO love a good race!! She had an advantage since she didn't have to buckle any children in and she got out of the parking lot first. I pride myself on being a phenomenal driver and kicked my skills into overdrive. She turned down one street hoping for a shortcut, in the end my Vanna won and now Janet gets the first round of Saturday drinks on her. Thank you Vanna and my mad driving skills!

No comments: